Bodywork is gentle manipulation of the body which releases muscle tension and helps with musculoskeletal problems. There are many sorts of bodywork, including infant massage which helps with muscle tightness, and osteopathic manipulative medicine which can help treat virtually any body tissues.
Osteopathic Manual Medicine (OMM) services in Glendale and Chandler offered by Katie Neuer, DO.
OMM is applied physiology, and Dr. Neuer's understanding of the body's anatomy allows her to use her hands to help treat affected body tissues. Virtually all tissue can be treated using OMM. Different techniques are utilized based on the type of problem that is present as well as the patient and their body.
Diseases that affect children, such as acid reflux, constipation, feeding issues, colic, torticollis, and plagiocephaly can be treated with OMM.[1-5] For more information see the FAQs below.
Insurances Dr. Neuer accepts: Aetna, BCBS, Cigna, Tricare, UHC, and their third party carriers, as well as AHCCCs plans.
Please contact us to make an appointment.
Feeding & Myofunctional Therapy services in Glendale offered by Ramya Kumar MS, CCC-SLP, BCSS, CNT, IBCLC.
Feeding your child and helping them communicate should be times that you cherish - times to bond and nurture a lifelong relationship. Ramya is here to help support your family through this journey with individualized plans that help you and your child succeed.
Skilled therapy sessions include elements of Pediatric Feeding Therapy, Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy, Craniosacral Therapy, Infant Massage and more. For more information see the FAQs below.
Insurance Ramya accepts: Aetna, Aetna Banner, BCBS, UHC.
Please contact us to schedule an appointment.
1. Bjørnæs KE, Elvbakken G, Dalhøi B, Garberg TH, Kaufmann J, Glomsrød E, Reiertsen O, Larsen S. Osteopathic manual therapy (OMT) in treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Clin. Pract. 2019;16(3):1109-1115.
2. Belvaux A, Bouchoucha M, Benamouzig R. Osteopathic management of chronic constipation in women patients. Results of a pilot study. Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol. 2017;41(5):602-611. doi:10.1016/j.clinre.2016.12.003
3. Barni A, Zecchillo D, Uberti S, Ratti S. Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment in a Paediatric Patient with Oesophageal Atresia and Tracheo-Oesophageal Fistula. Case Rep Gastroenterol. 2019;13(1):178-184. doi:10.1159/000499445
4. Hayden C, Mullinger B. A preliminary assessment of the impact of cranial osteopathy for the relief of infantile colic. Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2006;12(2):83-90. doi:10.1016/j.ctcp.2005.12.005
5. Philippi H, Faldum A, Schleupen A, et al. Infantile postural asymmetry and osteopathic treatment: a randomized therapeutic trial. Dev Med Child Neurol. 2006;48(1):5-4. doi:10.1017/S001216220600003X
6. Rechberger V, Biberschick M, Porthun J. Effectiveness of an osteopathic treatment on the autonomic nervous system: a systematic review of the literature. Eur J Med Res. 2019;24(1):36. doi:10.1186/s40001-019-0394-5
7. Carnevali L, Lombardi L, Fornari M, Sgoifo A. Exploring the Effects of Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment on Autonomic Function Through the Lens of Heart Rate Variability. Front Neurosci. 2020;14:579365. doi:10.3389/fnins.2020.579365